British Osprey Vest
This is an example of a Mk3 Modified Osprey body armour cover, the last version issued prior to the switch over to the current MTP Mk4 version in service now. Please note this vest contains NO armour or ballistic fillers or plates, it is simply the nylon CORDURA® vest.
- Reinforced, black vinyl shoulder panel for increased grip when shouldering a rifle.
- Large plate pockets front and rear accessed from the base rather than top, helping to hold it securely in event of exposure to blast.
- Small pockets at the sides to hold the smaller armour plates from the CBA.
- Fastex® buckles hold the sides tight and secure, close to the body to reduce movement.
- Front rank slide.
- Fastex® buckles on lower front edge to attach drop-leg panel, or respirator bag.
- Fastex® clips at top and bottom of vest rear to mount a CamelBak or similar hydration system.