Terms & Conditions
Please read the below set of terms and conditions. By placing an order through this website you are agreeing to the terms below which will apply to any purchase made through this website.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you confirm that you are:
- a genuine customer of East West Army Surplus Ltd (hereafter referred to as ‘EWAS’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’)
These Terms and Conditions, which apply to all sales and purchases, were most recently updated on 16 June 2016.
- All purchases made via this website are governed by these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions governing any purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you place an order after we have published any changes you will be bound by the changes.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your order as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to the registered e-mail address provided.
- Distance selling regulations apply to all mail order purchases.
2. Availability and Pricing
- The prices quoted on our website are indicative/guide prices.
- Prices are liable to change without prior notice.
- Please check the dates of availability of any offers before purchasing.
- Products are subject to availability. If your order is not available we will endeavour to inform you at the earliest opportunity.
3. Payments and shipping
- Payment for orders will be according to the trading terms that have been agreed in advance. Payment may be made by debit, credit card or PayPal. Other forms of payment may be accepted. EWAS reserves the right to refuse delivery if these terms are not adhered to.
- The debit and credit cards accepted by us are those listed on the web site on the date on which your order is placed.
- Where necessary, shipping costs will be calculated upon receipt of order.
- Delivery will be made to your registered address, unless specified in the notes.
- Delivery dates, times and charges will be agreed with you by EWAS prior to the order being sent out.
- Delivery times, where agreed, are approximate only.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that delivery will be accepted upon arrival and a suitable person is available at the delivery address at all times during the agreed date and time.
- If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted the goods may be retained by us. Any goods ordered via the EWAS website, will remain the property of EWAS.
- Should you fail to be present for your delivery we are entitled to charge you in full price of the items contained in your order and the cost of delivery.
- All goods remain the property of EWAS until payment has been made in full and received in full by EWAS.
- Many surplus goods are not new and are bought in their original condition. The buyer holds responsibility for reading product descriptions regarding product grading. No guarantee / warranty is given or implied with regard to any item.
- Claims for shortages in the order, damaged goods or incorrect goods must be notified to EWAS quoting your customer number and order number within 24 hours of delivery.
- Goods may not be returned without a collection note or valid paid invoice.
6. Website service
- The website may be unavailable at certain times to allow EWAS to perform maintenance. EWAS reserves the right to alter the service at any time and also reserves the right to refuse website access to any customer without giving a reason.
7. Customer Complaints
- If you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
8. Warranty and Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty.
- In addition, we will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these Terms and Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of nature, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- EWAS is constantly monitoring and checking the information on this website while we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties in relation to its accuracy. Where precise information is important to you on a branded line, please contact the manufacturer or our sales team.
- Where a product description contains a link to another party’s website, please note that EWAS does not vet these websites and has no control over their contents. EWAS cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of those websites.
- EWAS makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won't cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. EWAS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Other than as set out above, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the price of the goods contained in that order.
9. Account Security
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. EWAS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The content of this website is owned or licensed by EWAS. This material includes, but is not limited to, photos, images, layout, graphics, look and appearance. The content of the site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and any such rights will remain vested in EWAS.
East West Army Surplus Ltd
Company registered address:
Clarence Street Chambers, 32 Clarence St, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BD